International Institute for Secular Humansitic Judaism
CAMPUS OUTREACH COORDINATOR/STUDENT RECRUITER
• Create publicity materials (brochures, posters, flyers) to promote Professional programs of the IISHJ, with emphasis on the Rabbinic, Leadership and Educator’s Programs to Judaic/Religious/Near Eastern Studies Departments, Hillel’s and Secular/Freethought Student Groups.
• Develop a priority list of university or college campuses at which to promote the IISHJ, focusing on geographic areas with high concentration of Jewish students, areas close to prospective presenters and movement communities, campuses that have offered Posen Foundation Courses, campuses with strong Secular/Freethought Students groups and campuses with Hillel programs that are open to working with the IISHJ.
• Arrange programs to promote the IISHJ Professional programs on campuses that could include, but not be limited to, one-time lectures, lecture series, weekend seminars, job fairs, guest lecture invitations in existing courses and panel discussions.
• Arrange four events in the first year, eight events in the second year and increase and/or maintain as appropriate. Budget for the first year for four events is $2,000, each event approximately $500 with a $200-$300 honoraria per program for rabbinic presenters.
• Work with the Association of Humanistic Rabbis and IISHJ Alumni (Leaders and Educators) to create a list of speakers that would include areas of expertise, willingness to participate and distance willing to travel. Work with IISHJ Dean for North America to create “program in a box” for AHR speakers including outlined presentations, PowerPoint visuals, handouts, “for more information” signup sheets, and so on.
• Follow up with both schools and presenters to evaluate initiatives.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• At least one year experience working with youth, with campus or community organizing, or in non-profit management.
• Strong identification with the ideas of cultural, Humanistic and Secular Judaism.
• Organized and professional with strong writing and computer skills. Graphic design skills a plus.
• Relates well to college-aged students, professors and university administrators.
Hours: 5-10 hours per week in first year
Compensation: $4,000 per year, to increase as job responsibilities increase
Job description may be downloaded here.
To learn more about the International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism, visit their website.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to:
International Institute for Secular Humanistic Judaism
firstname.lastname@example.org or 175 Olde Half Day Road, Suite 124, Lincolnshire, IL 60069
For more information contact IISHJ Dean for North America Adam Chalom at email@example.com or 847-383-6330.
Part time teaching jobs are, from time to time, available at schools of CSJO.
Job Opening: Sunday School Teachers. The Jewish Cultural School and Society (JCSS) seeks two teachers for (1) JEWISH HISTORY, and (2) HOLIDAY CUSTOMS & LIFE CYCLE EVENTS for its Sunday School, beginning August 2013. JCSS is a community dedicated to secular humanistic Judaism with students from age six to 13. We seek intelligent, dynamic, energetic, and creative teachers. Instructional and/or camp counseling experience with children of this age group is required.
For history, candidates must have a firm background and knowledge of Jewish history from biblical times to the present, covering Israel and the Diaspora. For Jewish holiday observances and life cycle events, our secular curriculum includes music, dance, drama, cooking, and the like. Teaching positions are part-time (Sundays only) with some preparatory work required. Our school meets Sunday mornings, September through May, in rented space at the Jewish Community Center in West Orange, NJ. See our website at www.jcss-nj.org. How to apply: Send letter and CV, with references, to Erin Weinberger, JCSS Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org.